What is Dental Technology?
High-End Dentistry in Stamford, CT
When you visit the dentist, you may notice them using certain technologies. These dental technologies can include anything from x-ray machines to CEREC machines. All of the dental technologies we use in-office helps streamline the process of visiting the dentist.
Types of Dental Technologies
If you’ve ever visited a dentist before, you most likely have gotten x-rays taken. Digital x-rays are standard practice at most dental offices. These digital x-rays save time and are safe for any patient.
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
CBCT scanning allows our team to create images of your teeth, face and neck with just one scan. These images are high-quality and help us gather detailed information to best diagnose every patient. The CBCT machine rotates once around your head while you stand or sit. It is a quick, simple and painless process!
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic. CEREC creates a state-of-the-art way of reconstructing tooth restorations. For patients who are in need of crowns, CEREC makes it possible to walk out of the office with a new tooth in just one visit! This dental technology has revolutionized ceramic restorations so there is no waiting period preparing the restoration and receiving the final product.
Intraoral cameras give our team a detailed view of your mouth in pictures and videos. This dental technology is useful for putting specific problem areas on the screen so we can see in greater detail.
What Dental Technologies are Offered at LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry?
At LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer dental technologies to streamline our dental process as much as possible. We use the following technologies in our practice:
If you have any questions about dental technology, or what we use at our practice, please give us a call using the button below.Call LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry
Bad Breath Tips During The Holiday Season
Treating Halitosis in Stamford, CT
Bad breath and the holidays don’t go well together. LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offers halitosis treatment for patients in Stamford, CT so you can feel confident in your smile this holiday season. If you suffer from halitosis – you are not alone. Below are some tips for treating bad breath during the holidays!
Hydrate Your Mouth
Water is a great help to wash away any bacteria in your mouth, which can help combat bad breath. Here are some tips to avoid dry mouth this holiday season:
- Remember to drink water during your holiday feasts. This will help you stay hydrated as well as avoid dry mouth and bad breath.
- Limit your coffee and alcohol intake – keyword: LIMIT. We know the holidays are for having fun and celebrating with your family and friends, but both coffee and alcohol encourage you to use the bathroom which can leave you feeling dry as a result. Limiting these drinks can help control the symptoms of dry mouth.
- Avoid that holiday cigar. Smoking cigars can dry out your mouth, so if a holiday cigar is a tradition of yours, try avoiding it this year.
Don’t Pass Up The Veggie Tray
There is always a vegetable tray at every holiday party – don’t skip on those snacks! The crunchy vegetables stimulate the production of saliva, which can wash away the bacteria in your mouth. When you attend your next holiday celebration, eat crunchy vegetables like carrots, peppers, and broccoli. Fruits also have the same effect, so eat as many apple slices as you want!
Skip The Eggnog
The number one holiday treat that causes bad breath is eggnog. Since the two main ingredients are dairy and sugar, and many people add alcohol to this holiday treat, it is a perfect recipe for bad breath.
Opt For Sugarless Gum
We know that reaching for a stick of gum is what most people grab first when they want to fight their bad breath. Chewing gum is still a good way of avoiding bad breath, but we suggest opting for sugarless gum this holiday season. When selecting a sugarless gum, look for brands that have the ADA seal on them.
Don’t Forget Your Gifts, And Don’t Forget To Brush!
The holiday season is hectic, but it’s important that you continue to brush your teeth on a routine schedule. Your hygiene routine is likely to be disrupted if you are enjoying late nights with friends and early mornings with family. Brushing your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day will always be a great way to combat bad breath.
No Date This Holiday Season? No Problem!
We know that not having a date during the holidays can be lonely, but LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry is always here for you to schedule an appointment. We’re more reliable than a holiday date anyway!
Don’t Let Bad Breath Ruin Your Holidays
If you implement these tips we’ve outlined above, you are sure to have perfect breath for all of your holiday get-togethers! If you have any questions about halitosis, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to call our office at (203) 883-9986.
Happy holidays from LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry!
Learn More About Regular Dental Checkups
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Teeth Whitening Procedures
Teeth Whitening has been around for decades and millions of people use whitening products – including plenty of dentists. According to dental professionals, they haven’t seen an increase in problems like cavity risk or tooth fractures after teeth whitening procedures. LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry works to provide safe teeth whitening services for our patients.
Side Effects of Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Sensitivity: Your teeth may become more sensitive after getting them whitened. You may experience this after your first or second treatment, and it can diminish with time. Ask your doctor if they can recommend products for treating sensitivity at your next appointment.
- Irritated Gums: You may also experience gingival irritation, which happens when your gums become irritated. If the whitening products touch your gums, then they may become irritated, but LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry takes precautions to eliminate this risk.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Safety: The American Dental Association (ADA) has stated that hydrogen peroxide whiteners are safe and effective. At LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we care for our patients like they are our family. The side effects of teeth whitening stated above usually only occur with at-home teeth whitening products. At our office, we work to minimize the side effects as much as possible.
- Quick Process: Our whitening process is quick and effective. You can walk away with whitened teeth in just one session rather than waiting months for at-home products to take into effect.
- No Recurring Appointments: You won’t have to keep coming into our office for additional appointments because whitening your teeth too frequently can actually damage your teeth. With just a couple of sessions of professional whitening, you can achieve the bright, white smile that you desire.
If you are worried about your upcoming teeth whitening procedure or worried about an at-home product you are using, you can always ask your doctor if the product is safe. LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offers professional teeth whitening that is safe and effective. If you would like to schedule a teeth whitening appointment, use the button below to schedule online, or learn more about teeth whitening at our office.Schedule Your Teeth Whitening Appointment
Learn More About Teeth Whitening at LoPresti Cosmetic and Family Dentistry